(COVID-19) UPDATE May 16, 2020
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS IS AS FOLLOW
Dear BTT members,
I hope you and your family have remained safe and healthy during these unprecedented times.
As a member of our Brazilian Top Team Academies, I’d like to share an update with you regarding our club status. Based on encouraging member feedback, we are pleased to announce Brazilian Top Team Academies in San Antonio, Schertz and Austin, will reopen to members on Monday, May 18 at regular class time hours.
As we move to reopen, I want to ensure you that the health and safety of our BTT family is our highest priority. We’re confident in the steps taken to enhance our safety and cleaning measures, outlined below.
- The academy is equipped with disinfectant spray bottles for regular cleaning of all high-touch surfaces with hospital grade disinfectant.
- Comprehensive deep cleaning and disinfecting processes in the club each time there is a class.
- Hand sanitizing and cleaning stations throughout the club that provide disinfecting products for members to apply before and after using equipment.
- Signage facilitating increased spacing between fitness floor equipment, in locker rooms, and throughout various areas of the academy.
- Due to capacity limits, the classes will be first come, first served.
- Classes will be in GI ONLY.
- Rash guards are absolutely required below the Gi.
- Bring and wear a mask if you choose.
- Bring your own water bottle as refillable stations/water fountains will be unavailable at this time for safety.
- Bring a clean sandals to change at the door prior to enter the academy.
- Bring a towel for you or your child to wipe sweat and keep clean.
- Highly recommended each person bring your own hand sanitizer, so you can use it whenever the student or parent feels it is necessary.
- In-and- out: arrive ONLY five minutes prior to class as no one will be allowed to enter the building and wait inside prior to class.
- For the next two weeks you are allowed only one class per day to prevent each person sweat to next class.
- Limit your visit to just those on your membership as no guests will initially be allowed. Parents & family members must wait outside or in the comfort of their cars.
- When you arrive, have you or your child find a space on the mat and try and remain there.
- No shoes on the mat and no bare feet on the floor. This is more important now than ever.
- Make sure to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds every time you use the restrooms.
We are going to start class back up slowly. No rolling for now, with the exception of siblings who are already close to each other daily. We will be doing warm-ups and drills to help adults and kids remember all the things they haven't been able to do, and start to recover the muscle memory that was built.
Additionally, with everyone’s health and safety in mind, we will be limiting the use of our clubs to members at this time. We also know that as a big family as we are, we all miss each other a lot; however, we ask each member to uphold the following prior to visiting the club:
- Do not come in close contact such as hugging or hand shake at this time, some people may want and like to do, but a lot of others prefer distancing.
- Respect each other’s opinion and privacy.
- Stay home or leave the academy immediately if you’re feeling ill.
Questions/ comments/concerns, contact us directly:
San Antonio: 210-660-7471
Diego Gamonal Nogueira
Brazilian Top Team – Texas Head Coach